[Get Rid of Widgi Toolbar]How to remove/clean Widgi Toolbar (Removal Guide)
Does Widgi Toolbar keep popping up whenever you launch the web browser? What can you do if various antivirus programs have no effect on stopping Widgi Toolbar? How dangerous would it be if you just let it stay in the computer? Is there an reliable way to get rid of it thoroughly? Please read this post which shows you the information about Widgi Toolbar and the related manual removal guide.
Widgi Toolbar Introduction：
Unless you don't already have a proper anti-virus program installed, it's most likely that Widgi Toolbar and associated applications were your own doing, however unintentional. The problem strikes when users don't pay enough attention to how a program's installer runs itself on the computer. Most freeware, even the trusted ones, bundle their installers with useless toolbars and software (which sometimes verge on, if not entirely have malicious functions) in order to generate income. A little education about the matter should go a long way in avoiding the problem of having too many unwanted toolbars and browser helper objects on your computer.
How did you get hijacked by the Widgi Toolbar?
It has been mentioned before that unwanted toolbars and applications get installed by the very actions of users, except in a few cases. How does it happen? Well, most cases occur when users don't pay enough attention to what is written beside all those checked boxes that they see when installing a program. It can be because they don't know any better or are in too much of a hurry to read, instead opting to look for and click "Next" to get the program up and running in no time. If you start paying close attention to a program installer, you'll start noticing it a lot. One page of an installer usually has a pre-checked with a statement confirming that you want to install a toolbar or an application and give it default status for certain tasks. If you were reading through each step of the installer carefully all this time, you would have caught this and unchecked the box, saving a lot of trouble and headaches in the long run. On the other hand, software authors use silent installers to install Widgi Toolbar and similar adware. So, users can't always see what's exactly happening when they install downloaded software, for example PDF Forge toolbar or Dealio toolbar.
If you weren't paying that much attention before and you now have those unwanted toolbars and applications to show for it, there is no need to wallow in regret. If you've lucked out and most of the toolbars and applications you've unintentionally installed are of the harmless nuisance kind, you can go through these simple steps for removing them. The first option is to open up Control Panel and proceed to the programs list, where you are given the option to either uninstall or change a program. Once you can see all the programs listed on your computer, pick out the toolbars and applications that don't belong and uninstall them. If all the toolbars and applications you didn't want are gone after this stage, you may focus your efforts somewhere else.
How to remove Widgi Toolbar?
*Remove Widgi Toolbar from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the "gear icon" (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then click again on "Internet Options".
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the "Delete personal settings" box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer.
*Remove Widgi Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the "Firefox button", go over to the "Help" sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select "Troubleshooting Information".
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button in the upper-right corner of the "Troubleshooting Information" page.
- To continue, click "Reset Firefox" in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click "Finish"
*Remove Widgi Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Remove Widgi Toolbar extensions from Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select "Tools" and then click on "Extensions".
- In the "Extensions" tab, remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the "Proxy Tool, PortaldoSites Toolbar, Yontoo, BrowserProtect" and any other unknown extensions from Google Chrome.
- Set Google Chrome default search engine from Widgi Toolbar to Google.
- Click the Chrome menu button, then select "Settings" and click on "Manage search engines" in the Search section.
- In the Search Engines dialog that appears, select "Google" and click the "Make Default" button that appears in the row.
- Search for Widgi Toolbar in the Search Engines list, and click the X button that appears at the end of the row.
- Change Google Chrome homepage from Widgi Toolbar to its default.Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on "One the New Tab page" in the "On Startup" section.
Run a computer scan with YAC virus removal tool
- Free Download and Run the virus removal tool: YAC Virus Removal Tool
- Click the "Scan" button.
- Waiting for one minute, and the infections are removed easily.
YAC is exactly that: an efficient little program makes fast work of outdated registry entries, cookies, and temporary files. YAC also helps clean up browser homepage and search that are bundled via malicious plug-ins. Via clear out of cache/browser history,emptying the recycle bin,old Windows logs,memory dumps and other "unseen" objects to speeds up slow computers, helps save disk space. You can Remove any other Malware, Virus and Spyware through YAC.
Obvious Symptoms When Your Computer Has Redirect Virus:
- Your computer is something not normal as usual such as running very slowly.
- Your web browser homepage has been changed.
- When you open the Task Manager, you can find some strange processes which you never found before.
- Every time when you open your browser, you are redirected to some odd web pages.
- Your browser runs more and more slowly.
- Your browser always pops up some irritating advertisements even if you don’t want.