[Get Rid of Websearch.helpmefindyour.info]How to remove/clean Websearch.helpmefindyour.info (Removal Guide)
Help! I got the Websearch.helpmefindyour.info Search redirect on my Firefox. This webpage has taken over my browser and changed my homepage. Is it a virus or a reliable website? I ran my anti-virus program but nothing was detected. But this website kept redirecting me to some strange webpages. How can I fix my computer?
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is a fake search engine that wants to cheat the victims. If you have no idea about this browser hijack /search redirects, you may consider it as the useful webpage that can help you online. However, Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is totally a malicious webpage which can make your computer stay in a unsafe situation. You may get the browser hijack redirect when they download some free programs, that is why many victims don’t know how and when they got this infection. Anyway, you need to remove this browser hijack redirect completely from your computer.
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info can attack your computer by passing though your security program such as anti-virus and firewall. Once your computer is infected, you may take a long time to run a program or open a webpage because this browser hijack redirect will download something dangerous to your computer anytime. What is worst, Websearch.helpmefindyour.info will redirect you to other malicious webpages when you search something on it and make some pop-ups make you annoyed. You will get some links on this webpage, if you click on it accidentally, trojans and viruses even malware can be installed to your computer immediately and you can not stop it at all. That is why this browser hijack redirect can do great damage to the infect computer. The hijacker can get into your infected computer by this redirect so that many sensitive data of the victim users may be at risk. Therefore, if you catch sight of such website that takes over your internet browser, follow below removal instructions to get rid of the redirects and the hijacking page instantly.
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is such a harmful item:
- Your computer will be slower and slower.
- You need to take a long time to open a webpage, your browser is much more slower than before.
- It always redirects you to Websearch.helpmefindyour.info
- The harmful redirect virus causes poor Internet connection and system frequent crash.
- You will see a lot of website popping up when you visit Internet
How to remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info
Uninstall Websearch.helpmefindyour.info program from your computer
- To uninstall Vacation Explorer Toolbar from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel“. Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall Websearch.helpmefindyour.info Internet Explorer Toolbar,Websearch.helpmefindyour.info Firefox Toolbar (Mindspark Interactive Network), and any other recently installed or unknown programs from your computer.
Depending on what program has installed this toolbar, the above program may have a different name or not be installed on your computer. If you cannot find any unwanted or unknown programs on your machine, then you can proceed with the next step.
The default search engine is what often causes browsers to redirect to Websearch.helpmefindyour.info and other websites. Removing Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from your default search engine, often called the provided or managed search engine will likely stop your browser from redirecting without permission.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the Websearch.helpmefindyour.info search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) navigate to Tools - Manage Add Ons - Search Providers and remove the Websearch.helpmefindyour.info search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings - Manage search engines… click the X next to Websearch.helpmefindyour.info to remove it as your search engine. If Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is set as the default search engine, you will need to add or select a new search engine as your default search engine (such as Google.com) before removing Websearch.helpmefindyour.info.
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Windows
*Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Windows XP
- Go to the Start menu icon and choose Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs, click on the unwanted application and choose Remove.
*Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Go to the Start menu.
- Open the Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program.
- Right-click on the undesired program.
- Choose Uninstall.
*Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Windows 8
- Press the Windows key to go to the Metro UI start screen.
- Right-click on the screen and choose All apps from the menu displayed.
- Go to the Control Panel and choose Uninstall a Program.
- Right-click on the undesired program and select Uninstall.
Run a computer scan with YAC virus removal tool
- Free Download and Run the virus removal tool: YAC Virus Removal Tool
- Click the "Scan" button.
- Waiting for one minute, and the infections are removed easily.
YAC is exactly that: an efficient little program makes fast work of outdated registry entries, cookies, and temporary files. YAC also helps clean up browser homepage and search that are bundled via malicious plug-ins. Via clear out of cache/browser history,emptying the recycle bin,old Windows logs,memory dumps and other "unseen" objects to speeds up slow computers, helps save disk space. You can Remove any other Malware, Virus and Spyware through YAC.
What's Browser Hijacker:
A specific type of spyware that will allow a hacker or malicious perpetrator to spy on the infected computer's Internet browsing activity. Using a browserhijacker the person responsible for the spyware can deliver pop-up ads, reset the browser homepage, or direct the browser to Web sites the victim would not normally visit.
Obvious Symptoms When Your Computer Has Redirect Virus:
- Your computer is something not normal as usual such as running very slowly.
- Your web browser homepage has been changed.
- When you open the Task Manager, you can find some strange processes which you never found before.
- Every time when you open your browser, you are redirected to some odd web pages.
- Your browser runs more and more slowly.
- Your browser always pops up some irritating advertisements even if you don’t want.