[Get Rid of TOR Browser Bundle]How to remove TOR Browser Bundle (Removal Guide)
Every time you launch the web browser(Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome), you are forced to visit TOR Browser Bundle? Why does this happen? Is TOR Browser Bundle a useful search engine? How can it take control of the browser completely without allowing you to make any change? You have tried to use some antivirus programs to remove it but they even cannot detect the existence of TOR Browser Bundle in the computer? Is there a good way to get rid of TOR Browser Bundle thoroughly?
TOR Browser Bundle Introduction：
TOR Browser Bundle can enter into your system by visiting malicious websites or through spam email attachment. Once it gets space in system memory to execute, it alters your default browser and computer setting. It disables your security tools and destroy your system protection completely. This hijacking program will display lots of pop-up ads and altered search result that contains links of other spiteful websites. This browser hijacker can affect almost every popular web browser such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera. So, it is important that you do everything to remove TOR Browser Bundle redirect virus from your PC as soon as possible.
How to remove TOR Browser Bundle
Uninstall TOR Browser Bundle program from your computer
- To uninstall TOR Browser Bundle from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel“. Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall TOR Browser Bundle Internet Explorer Toolbar,TOR Browser Bundle Firefox Toolbar (Mindspark Interactive Network), and any other recently installed or unknown programs from your computer.
Depending on what program has installed this toolbar, the above program may have a different name or not be installed on your computer. If you cannot find any unwanted or unknown programs on your machine, then you can proceed with the next step.
The default search engine is what often causes browsers to redirect to TOR Browser Bundle and other websites. Removing TOR Browser Bundle from your default search engine, often called the provided or managed search engine will likely stop your browser from redirecting without permission.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the TOR Browser Bundle search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) navigate to Tools - Manage Add Ons - Search Providers and remove the TOR Browser Bundle search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings - Manage search engines… click the X next to TOR Browser Bundle to remove it as your search engine. If TOR Browser Bundle is set as the default search engine, you will need to add or select a new search engine as your default search engine (such as Google.com) before removing TOR Browser Bundle.
Run a computer scan with YAC virus removal tool
- Free Download and Run the virus removal tool: YAC Virus Removal Tool
- Click the "Scan" button.
- Waiting for one minute, YAC can help you remove "TOR Browser Bundle" easily.
You should do the next steps to remove "TOR Browser Bundle" completely,because TOR Browser Bundle is a tenacious virus.
YAC is exactly that: an efficient little program makes fast work of outdated registry entries, cookies, and temporary files. YAC also helps clean up browser homepage and search that are bundled via malicious plug-ins. Via clear out of cache/browser history,emptying the recycle bin,old Windows logs,memory dumps and other "unseen" objects to speeds up slow computers, helps save disk space. You can Remove any other Malware, Virus and Spyware through YAC.
Remove TOR Browser Bundle from Windows
*Remove TOR Browser Bundle from Windows XP
- Go to the Start menu icon and choose Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs, click on the unwanted application and choose Remove.
*Remove TOR Browser Bundle from Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Go to the Start menu.
- Open the Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program.
- Right-click on the undesired program.
- Choose Uninstall.
*Remove TOR Browser Bundle from Windows 8
- Press the Windows key to go to the Metro UI start screen.
- Right-click on the screen and choose All apps from the menu displayed.
- Go to the Control Panel and choose Uninstall a Program.
- Right-click on the undesired program and select Uninstall.
After the above steps,Run a computer scan with YAC virus removal tool again.YAC can help you check your computer completely.
How to reset your web browser?
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
What's Browser Hijacker:
A specific type of spyware that will allow a hacker or malicious perpetrator to spy on the infected computer's Internet browsing activity. Using a browserhijacker the person responsible for the spyware can deliver pop-up ads, reset the browser homepage, or direct the browser to Web sites the victim would not normally visit.
TOR Browser Bundle is such a harmful item:
- TOR Browser Bundle is a parasitic browser hijacker
- TOR Browser Bundle may show numerous annoying advertisements
- TOR Browser Bundle is installed without your consent
- TOR Browser Bundle will replace (hijack) your browser homepage
- TOR Browser Bundle may spread lots of spyware and adware parasites
- TOR Browser Bundle violates your privacy and compromises your security