[Get Rid of FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus]How to remove FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus (Removal Guide)
My web browser has been locked by FBI thing, if it is a virus, how do I unlock my Mac book from FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus? Each time I launch safari, it gives a website asking me to pay a fine through Moneypak. I notice the URL begins with fbi.gov.id something. Is this true or do I need to pay the fine? Can FBI really lock your browser or PC? Any help will be appreciated.
FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus Introduction：
Now a new version of FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus has been detected to annoy innocent users. This virus was detected in 2012 and it did really threaten computer users and rip them off. As time goes by, FBI virus keeps updating itself and this FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus can not only attack Windows system but Mac OS X.
With the same goal, they are disguised as FBI in an effort to trick victims and ask them to pay a non-existent fine through Moneypak so that cyber criminals can easily extort their money. This new FBI browser locked scam utilizes java script to hijack internet browsers such as Safari and Chrome on Mac OS X. Thus, computer users are unable to surf Internet anymore because fake FBI virus locks down the browser completely. It won’t give you any options to close or minimize the FBI virus page.
Instead of giving access to your browser, it just displays a fake warning taking over your web browser and claiming all activities of this computer have been recorded or all your files are encrypted. Afterwards, it demands a fine of 100-300 dollars or 200 pounds through GreenDot Moneypak or Ukash within 48 to 72 hours in order to get the browser unlocked.
How to remove FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus?
First of all,you should download a virus removal tool to scan your computer.We recommend using Pro & Powerful YAC Virus Removal Tool .3 Simple Steps to Scan and Remove "FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus" and any other Malware, Virus and Spyware.
Run a computer scan with YAC virus removal tool
- Free Download and Run the virus removal tool: YAC Virus Removal Tool
- Click the "Scan" button.
- Waiting for one minute, YAC can help you remove "FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus" easily.
You should do the next steps to remove "FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus" completely,because FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus is a tenacious virus.
YAC is exactly that: an efficient little program makes fast work of outdated registry entries, cookies, and temporary files. YAC also helps clean up browser homepage and search that are bundled via malicious plug-ins. Via clear out of cache/browser history,emptying the recycle bin,old Windows logs,memory dumps and other "unseen" objects to speeds up slow computers, helps save disk space. You can Remove any other Malware, Virus and Spyware through YAC.
Uninstall FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus program from your computer
- To uninstall FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel“. Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus Internet Explorer Toolbar,FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus Firefox Toolbar (Mindspark Interactive Network), and any other recently installed or unknown programs from your computer.
Depending on what program has installed this toolbar, the above program may have a different name or not be installed on your computer. If you cannot find any unwanted or unknown programs on your machine, then you can proceed with the next step.
Remove FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus from Web Browsers
*Remove FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus from Internet Explorer (IE)
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the "gear icon" (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then click again on "Internet Options".
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the "Delete personal settings" box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer.
*Remove FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the "Firefox button", go over to the "Help" sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select "Troubleshooting Information".
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button in the upper-right corner of the "Troubleshooting Information" page.
- To continue, click "Reset Firefox" in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click "Finish"
*Remove FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus from Google Chrome
- Remove FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus extensions from Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select "Tools" and then click on "Extensions".
- In the "Extensions" tab, remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the "Proxy Tool, PortaldoSites Toolbar, Yontoo, BrowserProtect" and any other unknown extensions from Google Chrome.
- Set Google Chrome default search engine from FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus to Google.
- Click the Chrome menu button, then select "Settings" and click on "Manage search engines" in the Search section.
- In the Search Engines dialog that appears, select "Google" and click the "Make Default" button that appears in the row.
- Search for FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus in the Search Engines list, and click the X button that appears at the end of the row.
- Change Google Chrome homepage from FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus to its default.Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on "One the New Tab page" in the "On Startup" section.
After the above steps,Run a computer scan with YAC virus removal tool again.YAC can help you check your computer completely.
What's Browser Hijacker:
A specific type of spyware that will allow a hacker or malicious perpetrator to spy on the infected computer's Internet browsing activity. Using a browserhijacker the person responsible for the spyware can deliver pop-up ads, reset the browser homepage, or direct the browser to Web sites the victim would not normally visit.
- FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus can redirect you to malicious websites with numerous pop up ads to interrupt and stop you from doing anything on your computer;
- FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus can turn your computer to run slowly and pose sudden death;
- FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus can introduce more unwanted viruses and ransomware to do further harms;
- FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus can help cyber criminals track your online activities and capture significant personal data to cause you a loss of value.
- FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus can change your default DNS configuration and block you accessing your favorite sites.
- FBI Your Browser Has Been Locked Virus forcibly customizes the default homepage, search engine and bookmarks of your computer.