[Get Rid of Desk 365]How to remove Desk 365 (Removal Guide)
Desk 365 redirect is a common issue that annoys computer users recently. Is your browser being redirected to Desk 365? Why your homepage is changed without your permission? Cannot get rid of this browser hijacker from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome? Follow the manual guide here to find an effective way to get rid of this browser redirect virus now.
Desk 365 Introduction：
Desk 365 offers you the fastest and easiest way to manage your desktop shortcuts and kinds of applications. With Desk 365′s powerful capabilities, you can access your software and applications instantly. You can also keep your desktop tidy and clean! At least, thats what the official website of Desk365 tells you. The software is free to use and does its work. But what they forgot to tell you it’s that it’s full of adware. After installing Desk 365 it will also install the V9 Portal as your default homepage in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or the Mozilla Firefox browser and V9 Search as your default search engine. This is not what you asked for right ?
The Desk 365 software is not a virus. It is build to boost SEO and inflate page ranking in populair search engines like Google , Yahoo or Bing for the V9 Portal Site. The V9 Portal site comes in the computer by bundled software. This software can be PDF creators, video recording software or download managers of Desk 365. This potentially unwanted program can also be installed by download manager from websites as CNET, Softonic or Brothersoft, when you download from these websites they provide you with a custom installer which will install the V9 Portal Site or any other bundled potentially unwanted program.
How to remove Desk 365?
First of all,you should download a virus removal tool to scan your computer.We recommend using Pro & Powerful YAC Virus Removal Tool .3 Simple Steps to Scan and Remove "Desk 365" and any other Malware, Virus and Spyware.
Run a computer scan with YAC virus removal tool
- Free Download and Run the virus removal tool: YAC Virus Removal Tool
- Click the "Scan" button.
- Waiting for one minute, YAC can help you remove "Desk 365" easily.
You should do the next steps to remove "Desk 365" completely,because Desk 365 is a tenacious virus.
YAC is exactly that: an efficient little program makes fast work of outdated registry entries, cookies, and temporary files. YAC also helps clean up browser homepage and search that are bundled via malicious plug-ins. Via clear out of cache/browser history,emptying the recycle bin,old Windows logs,memory dumps and other "unseen" objects to speeds up slow computers, helps save disk space. You can Remove any other Malware, Virus and Spyware through YAC.
Uninstall Desk 365 program from your computer
- To uninstall Desk 365 from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel“. Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall Desk 365 Internet Explorer Toolbar,Desk 365 Firefox Toolbar (Mindspark Interactive Network), and any other recently installed or unknown programs from your computer.
Depending on what program has installed this toolbar, the above program may have a different name or not be installed on your computer. If you cannot find any unwanted or unknown programs on your machine, then you can proceed with the next step.
Remove Desk 365 from Web Browsers
*Remove Desk 365 from Internet Explorer (IE)
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the "gear icon" (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then click again on "Internet Options".
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the "Delete personal settings" box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer.
*Remove Desk 365 from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the "Firefox button", go over to the "Help" sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select "Troubleshooting Information".
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button in the upper-right corner of the "Troubleshooting Information" page.
- To continue, click "Reset Firefox" in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click "Finish"
*Remove Desk 365 from Google Chrome
- Remove Desk 365 extensions from Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select "Tools" and then click on "Extensions".
- In the "Extensions" tab, remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the "Proxy Tool, PortaldoSites Toolbar, Yontoo, BrowserProtect" and any other unknown extensions from Google Chrome.
- Set Google Chrome default search engine from Desk 365 to Google.
- Click the Chrome menu button, then select "Settings" and click on "Manage search engines" in the Search section.
- In the Search Engines dialog that appears, select "Google" and click the "Make Default" button that appears in the row.
- Search for Desk 365 in the Search Engines list, and click the X button that appears at the end of the row.
- Change Google Chrome homepage from Desk 365 to its default.Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on "One the New Tab page" in the "On Startup" section.
After the above steps,Run a computer scan with YAC virus removal tool again.YAC can help you check your computer completely.
How to reset your web browser?
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
What's Browser Hijacker:
A specific type of spyware that will allow a hacker or malicious perpetrator to spy on the infected computer's Internet browsing activity. Using a browserhijacker the person responsible for the spyware can deliver pop-up ads, reset the browser homepage, or direct the browser to Web sites the victim would not normally visit.
Obvious Symptoms When Your Computer Has Redirect Virus:
- Your computer is something not normal as usual such as running very slowly.
- Your web browser homepage has been changed.
- When you open the Task Manager, you can find some strange processes which you never found before.
- Every time when you open your browser, you are redirected to some odd web pages.
- Your browser runs more and more slowly.
- Your browser always pops up some irritating advertisements even if you don’t want.