How to Get rid of Excite.com from Chrome?(Uninstall Guide)Have you always been redirected to Excite.com or its related content? Does it take over your web browser and affect your browsing tasks? What damage will it bring to your web browser and even your system? Learn how to remove the browser hijacker from your computer completely with this article.
Excite.com is a kind of infection which can insert malcode into your windows operating system including Windows Xp, Windows Vista and Windows 7 to hijack your web browsers and keep leading your Google search results to Excite.com. Just image how would that upsetting and time-wasting when you cannot visit legit normal sites freely and are forced to browse so many useless ads pages not matter you like it or not. Excite.com virus is usually promoted by rookits which is one of cyber criminal’s latest most favorite tricks. Rookits are famous for their abilities to mutate fast and use random name files to escape various reputable security programs’ detection. Even sometimes an anti-malware program detects rookits on your computer, the antivirus do not dare to do an automatic removal for you as rookits usually affect your drivers and MBR.
If you use your anti-malware tool to forcibly eliminate Excite.com rookit infection, you will lose your internet access permanently or even suffer from computer crash forever unless you have enough tech skills to repair your computer system manually. To make things worse, Excite.com virus is usually bounded with rogue fake antivirus scanner and various Trojans and worm infections. For the above reasons, your privacy and system stability will get into trouble when you have Excite.com virus on your computer.
INFECTED SYMPTOMS:Excite.com is secretly installed onto system without your permission or consent.
Excite.com is installed without your consent
Excite.com may spread lots of spyware and adware parasites
Excite.com can turn your computer to run slowly and pose sudden death;
Unknown popup ads are coming into sight all of the sudden;
HOW TO REMOVE Excite.com QUICKLY?
- Choose the Protection item and set default browser, choose the browser you need.
- Then set homepage of the browser, click the button , choose the one you need.
- You can also set the search engine in this item. The lock setting will take effect after restarting the browser.
HOW TO REMOVE Excite.com MANUALLY?In order to remove Excite.com manually you need to have technical knowledge first then only you can remove it manually as it requires the knowledge of system files and registry files and if you don’t have any idea about this then trying manual methods can lead you to more problematic situations and one wrong file deletion can make your system completely unusable. The Steps for manual Removal of Excite.com are:
Remove Excite.com from Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Common Related Search Terms:
Excite.com, Excite.com removal, remove Excite.com, Excite.com uninstall, what is Excite.com, how to remove Excite.com, how to get rid of Excite.com, how to remove Excite.com from Chrome/IE/Firefox