Do you always search information online from different add-ons on your browsers? Did you give permission to all of these toolbars to be installed? While toolbars can provide convenience for online searching, they can also be related to redirect issues. If your browser happens to have a www.strtsrv.com toolbar, be careful. It’s not a very friendly application which you’d better get rid of right away.
www.strtsrv.com is a browser hijacker that is designed to hijack the popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Moreover the virus redirects majority of your searches to the sponsored sites or other suspicious websites. www.strtsrv.com causes frequent web redirects to wrong websites, hijacks search engine settings and leads to unexpected webpages. For instance, free programs from the party websites, spam email attachment and many social websites are always seen as the ways for this redirect virus setting into computer slightly.
www.strtsrv.com consist of different components installed as programs and web browser plugins. Once it enters in your system it will corrupt all your internet default setting such as Homepage, default search provider, DNS and etc. www.strtsrv.com also allows remote hackers to access confidential PC information such as credit card number, bank account login information, user id and passwords of social networking websites and many others. www.strtsrv.com must be removed immediately to keep your computer from threat.
In order to remove www.strtsrv.com manually you need to have technical knowledge first then only you can remove it manually as it requires the knowledge of system files and registry files and if you don’t have any idea about this then trying manual methods can lead you to more problematic situations and one wrong file deletion can make your system completely unusable.
The Steps for manual Removal of www.strtsrv.com are:
Remove www.strtsrv.com from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
Remove www.strtsrv.com from Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Remove www.strtsrv.com from Internet Explore (IE)
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
If you can't solve the problem with YAC virus removal tool, please search below terms by Google.
Common Related Search Terms:
www.strtsrv.com, www.strtsrv.com removal, remove www.strtsrv.com, www.strtsrv.com uninstall, what is www.strtsrv.com, how to remove www.strtsrv.com, how to get rid of www.strtsrv.com, how to remove www.strtsrv.com from Chrome/IE/Firefox