YAC is exactly that: an efficient little program makes fast work of outdated registry entries, cookies, and temporary files. YAC also helps protect your browser from malicious plug-ins. Via clear out of cache/browser history,emptying the recycle bin,old Windows logs,memory dumps and other "unseen" objects to speeds up slow computers, helps save disk space and keep computer running smoothly.
[Get Rid of ask search toolbar]How to remove ask search toolbar(Removal Guide)
Do you always search information online from different add-ons on your browsers? Did you give permission to all of these toolbars to be installed? While toolbars can provide convenience for online searching, they can also be related to redirect issues. If your browser happens to have a ask search toolbar toolbar, be careful. It’s not a very friendly application which you’d better get rid of right away.
ask search toolbar Introduction：
Ask offers a web search engine (ask.com) and toolbar which are being promoted via other free programs and once installed on your computer, they will hijack your browser homepage and replace your default search engine.
Ask Toolbar and Search got on your computer after you have installed another free software or add-on that had bundled into their installer this browser hijacker. For example, when you install Java,the Ask will install its toolbar, set your browser homepage to ask.com and change your default search engine to nl.ask.com.
How to remove ask search toolbar?
First of all,you should download a virus removal tool to scan your computer.We recommend using Pro & Powerful YAC Virus Removal Tool .3 Simple Steps to Scan and Remove "ask search toolbar" and any other Malware, Virus and Spyware.
- Free Download and Run the virus removal tool: YAC Virus Removal Tool
- Click the "Scan" button.
- Waiting for one minute, YAC can help you remove "ask search toolbar" easily.
You should do the next steps to remove "ask search toolbar" completely,because ask search toolbar is a tenacious virus.
YAC is exactly that: an efficient little program makes fast work of outdated registry entries, cookies, and temporary files. YAC also helps clean up browser homepage and search that are bundled via malicious plug-ins. Via clear out of cache/browser history,emptying the recycle bin,old Windows logs,memory dumps and other "unseen" objects to speeds up slow computers, helps save disk space. You can Remove any other Malware, Virus and Spyware through YAC.
Uninstall ask search toolbar program from your computer
- To uninstall ask search toolbar from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel“. Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall ask search toolbar Internet Explorer Toolbar,ask search toolbar Firefox Toolbar (Mindspark Interactive Network), and any other recently installed or unknown programs from your computer.
Depending on what program has installed this toolbar, the above program may have a different name or not be installed on your computer. If you cannot find any unwanted or unknown programs on your machine, then you can proceed with the next step.
Remove ask search toolbar from Web Browsers
*Remove ask search toolbar from Internet Explorer (IE)
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the "gear icon" (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then click again on "Internet Options".
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the "Delete personal settings" box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer.
*Remove ask search toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the "Firefox button", go over to the "Help" sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select "Troubleshooting Information".
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button in the upper-right corner of the "Troubleshooting Information" page.
- To continue, click "Reset Firefox" in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click "Finish"
*Remove ask search toolbar from Google Chrome
- Remove ask search toolbar extensions from Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select "Tools" and then click on "Extensions".
- In the "Extensions" tab, remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the "Proxy Tool, PortaldoSites Toolbar, Yontoo, BrowserProtect" and any other unknown extensions from Google Chrome.
- Set Google Chrome default search engine from ask search toolbar to Google.
- Click the Chrome menu button, then select "Settings" and click on "Manage search engines" in the Search section.
- In the Search Engines dialog that appears, select "Google" and click the "Make Default" button that appears in the row.
- Search for ask search toolbar in the Search Engines list, and click the X button that appears at the end of the row.
- Change Google Chrome homepage from ask search toolbar to its default.Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on "One the New Tab page" in the "On Startup" section.
After the above steps,Run a computer scan with YAC virus removal tool again.YAC can help you check your computer completely.
How to reset your web browser?
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
ask search toolbar should be removed as early as possible.
Click the button to download ask search toolbar removal tool.
What's Browser Hijacker:
A specific type of spyware that will allow a hacker or malicious perpetrator to spy on the infected computer's Internet browsing activity. Using a browserhijacker the person responsible for the spyware can deliver pop-up ads, reset the browser homepage, or direct the browser to Web sites the victim would not normally visit.
- ask search toolbar can redirect you to malicious websites with numerous pop up ads to interrupt and stop you from doing anything on your computer;
- ask search toolbar can turn your computer to run slowly and pose sudden death;
- ask search toolbar can introduce more unwanted viruses and ransomware to do further harms;
- ask search toolbar can help cyber criminals track your online activities and capture significant personal data to cause you a loss of value.
- ask search toolbar can change your default DNS configuration and block you accessing your favorite sites.
- ask search toolbar forcibly customizes the default homepage, search engine and bookmarks of your computer.
Note: If you can't solve the problem with YAC virus removal tool, please search below terms by Google.
Common Related Search Terms:
ask search toolbar, ask search toolbar removal, remove ask search toolbar, ask search toolbar uninstall, what is ask search toolbar, how to remove ask search toolbar, how to get rid of ask search toolbar, how to remove ask search toolbar from Chrome/IE/Firefox