[Free Get Rid of MetaCrawler Redirect]How to remove MetaCrawler Redirect(Removal Guide)
Help! I got the MetaCrawler Redirect Search redirect on my Firefox. This webpage has taken over my browser and changed my homepage. Is it a virus or a reliable website? I ran my anti-virus program but nothing was detected. But this website kept redirecting me to some strange webpages. How can I fix my computer?
MetaCrawler Redirect Introduction：
MetaCrawler is a search engine that combines the search results from major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. While on the surface metacrawler could look like a legitimate project in reality the company that is behind it is using some shady methods to promote their websites (metacrawler and infospace). Recently we received a lot of complaints from our users that they were being redirected to the mentioned websites. Furthermore computer users should be very careful while using the search services provided by Metacrawler and Infospace - while the organic search results are legitimate (they come from reputable search engines) the sponsored results are organized by Metacrawler and these results are commonly leading to some shady software installation or misleading websites.
How to remove MetaCrawler Redirect?
First of all,you should download a virus removal tool to scan your computer.We recommend using Pro & Powerful YAC Virus Removal Tool .3 Simple Steps to Scan and Remove "MetaCrawler Redirect" and any other Malware, Virus and Spyware.
- Free Download and Run the virus removal tool: YAC Virus Removal Tool
- Click the "Scan" button.
- Waiting for one minute, YAC can help you remove "MetaCrawler Redirect" easily.
You should do the next steps to remove "MetaCrawler Redirect" completely,because MetaCrawler Redirect is a tenacious virus.
YAC is exactly that: an efficient little program makes fast work of outdated registry entries, cookies, and temporary files. YAC also helps clean up browser homepage and search that are bundled via malicious plug-ins. Via clear out of cache/browser history,emptying the recycle bin,old Windows logs,memory dumps and other "unseen" objects to speeds up slow computers, helps save disk space. You can Remove any other Malware, Virus and Spyware through YAC.
Uninstall MetaCrawler Redirect program from your computer
- To uninstall MetaCrawler Redirect from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel“. Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall MetaCrawler Redirect Internet Explorer Toolbar,MetaCrawler Redirect Firefox Toolbar (Mindspark Interactive Network), and any other recently installed or unknown programs from your computer.
Depending on what program has installed this toolbar, the above program may have a different name or not be installed on your computer. If you cannot find any unwanted or unknown programs on your machine, then you can proceed with the next step.
Remove MetaCrawler Redirect from Web Browsers
*Remove MetaCrawler Redirect from Internet Explorer (IE)
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the "gear icon" (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then click again on "Internet Options".
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the "Delete personal settings" box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer.
*Remove MetaCrawler Redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the "Firefox button", go over to the "Help" sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select "Troubleshooting Information".
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button in the upper-right corner of the "Troubleshooting Information" page.
- To continue, click "Reset Firefox" in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click "Finish"
*Remove MetaCrawler Redirect from Google Chrome
- Remove MetaCrawler Redirect extensions from Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select "Tools" and then click on "Extensions".
- In the "Extensions" tab, remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the "Proxy Tool, PortaldoSites Toolbar, Yontoo, BrowserProtect" and any other unknown extensions from Google Chrome.
- Set Google Chrome default search engine from MetaCrawler Redirect to Google.
- Click the Chrome menu button, then select "Settings" and click on "Manage search engines" in the Search section.
- In the Search Engines dialog that appears, select "Google" and click the "Make Default" button that appears in the row.
- Search for MetaCrawler Redirect in the Search Engines list, and click the X button that appears at the end of the row.
- Change Google Chrome homepage from MetaCrawler Redirect to its default.Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on "One the New Tab page" in the "On Startup" section.
After the above steps,Run a computer scan with YAC virus removal tool again.YAC can help you check your computer completely.
How to reset your web browser?
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
MetaCrawler Redirect should be removed as early as possible.
Click the button to download MetaCrawler Redirect removal tool.
What's Browser Hijacker:
A specific type of spyware that will allow a hacker or malicious perpetrator to spy on the infected computer's Internet browsing activity. Using a browserhijacker the person responsible for the spyware can deliver pop-up ads, reset the browser homepage, or direct the browser to Web sites the victim would not normally visit.
- MetaCrawler Redirect can redirect you to malicious websites with numerous pop up ads to interrupt and stop you from doing anything on your computer;
- MetaCrawler Redirect can turn your computer to run slowly and pose sudden death;
- MetaCrawler Redirect can introduce more unwanted viruses and ransomware to do further harms;
- MetaCrawler Redirect can help cyber criminals track your online activities and capture significant personal data to cause you a loss of value.
- MetaCrawler Redirect can change your default DNS configuration and block you accessing your favorite sites.
- MetaCrawler Redirect forcibly customizes the default homepage, search engine and bookmarks of your computer.
Note: If you can't solve the problem with YAC virus removal tool, please search below terms by Google.
Common Related Search Terms:
MetaCrawler Redirect, MetaCrawler Redirect removal, remove MetaCrawler Redirect, MetaCrawler Redirect uninstall, what is MetaCrawler Redirect, how to remove MetaCrawler Redirect, how to get rid of MetaCrawler Redirect, how to remove MetaCrawler Redirect from Chrome/IE/Firefox